Business – Development Cooperation – Humanitarian Aid
- Project Planning and Management in Development Cooperation
- Project Planning and Management in Humanitarian Aid – Disaster Relief - SPHERE-Standard
- Corporate Project Management
- Resource Management and Climate Protection
- Proposal writing for Projects
- EuropeAid & BMZ - ECHO & AA (Auswärtiges Amt)
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Quality Management
- Communication Methods and Techniques
- Internship in companies or institutions (12 weeks)
January – July
May – November
September – March
Duration: 7 months incl. 3 months internship
Program starts usually three times a year.
Planned number of participants: 24
Seminar hours: 720
The programs consist of attendance modules and online seminars.
Language of instruction is English, but some parts will be conducted in German!
We invite graduates from universities of applied sciences and universities, especially in the fields of social sciences, humanities, economics, engineering, natural science, geography, law or with comparable degrees to apply to our program. Furthermore, people with work experience in the sector of humanitarian aid or development cooperation are welcome to apply. General experience in international work would come as an advantage. Beyond that the field of international project management requires a high mobility, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
For refugees and migrants with a university degree suitable too. Language skills: German B1, English B1 (aim to reach B2/C1). Please consider that the language of instruction will be English but some training modules will be conducted in German.
Driven by developments like globalization, opening of labor markets, increasing relevance of cooperate management and professional project management in international economic cooperation, the demand of qualified personnel with interdisciplinary competence increases constantly. This demand can be covered by well trained professionals with experience in international project management.
Goals of the Training:
In theoretical and practical training modules the participants will learn how to use concepts and methods of project planning and project management. These concepts concern especially international economy as well as projects in the scope of development and humanitarian aid (including emergency relief).
The training is targeted towards the demands of the international development policy and business practice. The duration of the training is 7 months in total. Parts of the program will be conducted in collaboration with lecturers from the University of Kassel, Germany. Most of the training will be done in form of group work. Lecturers include professionals from internationally operating institutions and companies. These lecturers also provide a direct contact for the future working environment. The modules “Corporate Project Management“ and “Project Planning in Development/ Humanitarian Cooperation“ are the main focus of the program. A new main part of the program concerns projects in humanitarian aid and emergency relief.
A successful access to the job market will be assisted by an internship in selected institutions and companies.
I. Management in Development Cooperation
- Project planning (Logical Framework, PCM)
- Participatory Project Planning – PRA
- Extension methods in development cooperation / SWAP
- Gender, empowerment and microfinance: Guidelines for good practice
- Monitoring and evaluation, including impact monitoring
- Budget planning / Project planning workshop incl. presentation of results
II. Humanitarian Aid – Disaster Relief, Conflict Resolution
- Project planning in humanitarian aid
- SPHERE – standards
- Monitoring and evaluation in humanitarian aid
- Water and sanitation
- Nutrition standards / Primary Health Care / Food Security
III. Project Proposal Writing
- Project proposals and documentation ECHO and AA (humanitarian aid)
- Elaboration of project proposals and concept notes according to
- EU and BMZ guidelines (development cooperation)
IV. Quality Management
- Quality Management ISO 9001: (current version)
- Excursion/ company visit: QM-System in practice
V. Corporate Project Management
- Corporate management, project controlling
- Project preparation, project design, planning, implementation, evaluation
- Workshop project management with presentation of a complete corporate strategic plan
- Workshop: MS Project
VI. Resource Management and Climate Protection
- Theory and concepts of sustainable development
- Global impacts of Climate Change and Greenhouse Gases
- Climate actors / emissions trading and project proposals
- Community Based Adaptation Toolkit / Sustainability Matrix CDM Gold Standard
VII. Communication Methods and Techniques
- Team management and effective group work
- Communication, intercultural competence
- Self-management, creativity and moderation techniques
- Conflict management
- Assessment training center
VIII. Internship at Institutions and Companies (3 months)
- Obligatory internship here in Germany or abroad. Also possible in non-EU countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa.
Phases of the Training:
A: Seminars / Workshops / Group Work / Excursion (17 weeks) The programs are accompanied by online seminars and work with the GNE Learning Platform.
B: Internship in an institution or a company (12 weeks)
C: Final Test / Examination (1 week)
Test various modules during the training phases. Final presentation in front of the examination board.
We reserve the right to change parts of this program due to the curricular evolution and due to availability of our lecturers.
Fee: 5.254,56 €
Payment in instalments: 7 instalments of 750,65 €.
Measure Number: 435/275/2018
Sponsorship through Education Voucher:
The program can be supported by the German employment agency ‘Agentur für Arbeit’ and the ‘Job Center’ (ALG I or ALG II through the education voucher Bildungsgutschein).
Applications for the Training Program:
Please send a short letter of motivation (Email preferred) and your CV with photo to Mr. Werner Gebing at the following address: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
No Application Deadline!
If you are interested in our upcoming training program, please contact us by phone or email.
Phone: 05542 5029170
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
You are welcome to visit us in Witzenhausen for an individual consultation.
Feel free to call us for any questions.
- Bildungsgutschein (nach AZAV) i